Location Information
(for the Prentiss Club)
Name:Prentiss Club
Address:211 Pearl Street, North
City/County:Natchez, Adams County
Architectural Information
Construction Date:1904-05
Architectural Styles(s):Italian Renaissance
No. of Stories:2
Destroyed:gutted by fire, Sep. 1, 2018
Registration Information
NR Listing Date:17 Apr 1979
NR District Name:Natchez-On-Top-of-the-Hill (1979)
    NR Status:Contributing
    Element No.:380
View National Register Nomination Form
Local Designation Information
Local District Name:Natchez Historic District
click here for additional information on this district.
An elegant Italian Renaissance palazzo of tan brick, consisting of two stories over a basement, with a hipped tile roof. It was built as the clubhouse of the Prentiss Club, a private men's organization chartered in 1903, which was named in honor of Sergeant Prentiss, a Natchez attorney and nationally acclaimed orator. The building served as the Masonic Temple from 1928 into 1970s, for Harmony Lodge No. 1 and Andrew Jackson Lodge No. 2, F&AM.

This building was individually listed on the National Register on 17 April 1979, and it was later included as element #380 in the Natchez-on-Top-of-the-Hill Historic District, which was placed on the National Register on 17 September 1979.

Included in Natchez Walking Guide (#38). The building was gutted by fire, Sep. 1, 2018, at the end of a major renovation project.