| Originally the President’s House of Oakland College, it was one of the original buildings of Alcorn A&M College when it was established at the former Oakland College property in 1871. It is a contributing component of the Alcorn State University Historic District, which was placed on the National Register on 20 May 1982. It is included in "Architecture in Claiborne County, Mississippi" (p.84), "The State of Mississippi – Historic Properties" (1982) (p. 4), and "Buildings in Mississippi" (2020) (p.65, in the listing for Alcorn State University, ND80). |