| This house, which is locally notable for its Colonial Revival and Neoclassical Revival character, was built in 1908 for Charles Walter Redding, a local merchant. He served as president of the bank and school board, and owned a store that sold groceries and other miscellaneous supplies to fishermen. The house is considered to be one of the best examples of high-style Colonial Revival architecture in the City of Biloxi. The house remained under the ownership of the Redding family until 1998, when it was sold for use as a reception hall. As of 2017, it continues to serve in this capacity. This building was individually listed on the National Register on 18 May 1984, as a component of the "Historic Resources of Biloxi." It was not within the original Biloxi Downtown Historic District, as listed in 1998, but it was added to the district as element #8 in the Biloxi Downtown Historic District Boundary Increase, which was placed on the National Register on 13 January 2015. The house is included in "The Buildings of Biloxi" (1976, p. 89; 2000, p. 94; and 2010, p. 94). |