| Designed by the Mississippi architectural firm of Smith & Olschner, located in Gulfport, and constructed by Newton & Schmoll, general contractors from Hattiesburg, Mississippi, the (Old) Pascagoula High School begun in December 1937 and was completed by the end of 1938, allowing the new school to open in January 1939. It served as a public school for almost sixty years before closing in 1997. The complex, consisting of the historic high school building and five later additional buildings, was listed on the National Register on 6 April 2000, from a nomination presented by the City of Pascagoula Historic Preservation Commission (Liz Ford, Chairman). It was designated a Mississippi Landmark on 15 July 1999. |