Location Information
(for the Krebs House)
Name:Krebs House [Knights Of Columbus Hall]
Address:3604 Magnolia Street
City/County:Pascagoula, Jackson County
Architectural Information
Construction Date:c.1894
Architectural Styles(s):Queen Anne
No. of Stories:1.5
Registration Information
NR District Name:Orange Avenue
NR Status:Contributing
Element No.:20
Mississippi Landmark Information
Designated:05-08-2008
Recorded:10-03-2012
Book/Vol. No.:1688/496
Context/Comments
Originally listed as element #15.
Brief Description
1.5 story, wood-frame Queen Anne house on brick pier foundation with clapboard siding. Main facade faces west and is seven-bays (W-W-D-W-W-W-W). Side-gable roof covered with asphalt shingles. Two front-facing gabled dormers with spindle trusses. Wraparound hipped roof porch supported by bracketed turned posts and spanned by a geometric balustrade. Hipped-roof double-gallery porch is on south elevation. Windows are 2/2 wood DHS. First floor windows have decorative shutters. Two of the original gable-roof wings and a gable dormer are at the rear.
Historic Information
The house was constructed by Mathilde and Adele Krebs in 1896. It remained in the Krebs family until it was acquired by the Columbus Club in 1946, and subsequently added to and altered, with a large, incompatible brick meeting room attached to it. The structure was heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina, but was restored to is historical appearance with a grant from MDAH.