| Originally built in 1854 and later slightly remodeled, the Learned Presbyterian Church is a well-preserved and characteristic example of a traditional building form that was widely used for rural churches in Mississippi through much of the nineteenth century -- a simple rectangular front-gabled building with two symmetrically-positioned doors in the front wall. It was listed on the National Register on 18 November 1999. This building is included in "Historic Churches of Mississippi" (2007) (pp. 74-75). |