| This building became the parish hall when a new church (047-BLX-0695.2-X) was erected adjacent to it in 1891. After the newer building was destroyed by Hurricane Camille in 1969, the original building returned to use as a house of worship. Listed on the National Register on 18 May 1984 as part of the Biloxi MRA. Destroyed by Hurricane Katrina on 29 August 2005. This building is included in "Historic Architecture in Mississippi" (1973) (pp. 91-92), "Lost Landmarks of Mississippi" (2002) (pp. 107-110), "Historic Churches of Mississippi" (2007) (p. 6), "The Buildings of Biloxi" (1976, pp. 63-64; and 2000/2010, pp. 76-77), and "Lost Churches of Mississippi" (2010) (p. 15). |