Location Information
(for the Wesson Hotel Richardson House)
Name:Wesson Hotel (Richardson House)
Address:NE corner of Hotel Street and Railroad Avenue, East
City/County:Wesson, Copiah County
Architectural Information
Construction Date:c.1877
No. of Stories:2
Destroyed:demolished 1982
Registration Information
NR Listing Date:01 Jan 1972
Date Delisted:15 May 1987
View National Register Nomination Form
Context/Comments
Built by the Mississippi Mills and named for John P. Richardson, son of Col. Edmund Richardson, president of the corporation. Because of its unchanged architecture and association with Mississippi Mills and the founding of Wesson, the hotel was a link with one of the most brilliant chapters in Mississippi's 19th-century economic history. The hotel was demolished by its owner in 1982.