Location Information
(for the "Concord")
Name:"Concord"
Address:305 Gayoso Street
City/County:Natchez, Adams County
Architectural Information
Construction Date:c.1790
No. of Stories:2
Destroyed:burned 1901
Context/Comments
Built in the 1790s for Spanish Governor Don Manuel Gayoso de Lemos (or possibly for his predecessor, Carlos de Grand Pre). Remodeled, adding a classical portico and flanking colonnade, about 1812-19, probably to the design of Levi Weeks, for Stephen (“Don Estevan”) Minor, who purchased the property in 1800. Destroyed by fire in 1901. The curved entrance stair and one outbuilding survive. Included in Historic Architecture in Mississippi (pp. 13-14).